Contingent (PRN) RN or LPN
Mohun Health Care Center
Hours: 6:30pm to 7am
Pay is based upon experience. Long-term Care experience preferred. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Maintaining standards of care performed on the unit (floor).
- Overseeing the distribution of staffing resources and supplies.
- Assuring appropriate and quality care is given to all residents.
- Communicating resident needs to attending physicians as necessary.
- Assuring care is given in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
The Wellness Center provides nursing care at an assisted living level and is located in the Akron Motherhouse.
- STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant)
- Ability to assist persons with Activities of Daily Living (ADL's)
- Pleasant and caring disposition
- Previous patient care experience or experience in the medical field is helpful, especially with the elderly
All nursing staff work is done under the general supervision of an RN. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Sisters in ADL's
- Reporting any change in the health status of a Sister to the Nurse Manager or her designee
- Assessing basic vital signs: B/P, temp, pulse, and respiration
- Communicating Sister needs to appropriate staff members
- Providing emergency care as able
- Alerting appropriate staff for maintenance or other environmental needs
- Assisting with activities as needed
- Providing complete verbal and written report to alternate shifts
- Assisting the Sisters in activities that promote spiritual life/growth
- Maintaining the highest level of professional, medical confidentiality
- Remaining proficient and aware of all policies & procedures of the Wellness Center and the Dominican Sisters of Peace
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or her designee
Click here for additional information.
To apply, please contact Roseann Sokol, RN, at email@example.com or 330.836.4908.